SPN is pleased to offer consulting services.
We offer courses that can be tailored for your program’s needs. It is recommended that the courses range from ½ day to 5 days. With this service, you will work together with our Director, Professor Debra Nestel and/or Deputy Director, Dr Cathy Smith.
Areas/topics that we offer are:
- Principles and practices of simulated participant (SP) methodology
- Starting an SP program
- Approaches to scenario development that include SPs
- Preparing SPs for Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) or other assessments
- Working with SPs across the lifespan
- Community-based SP practices
- Supporting SPs in feedback practices
- Extending the activities of your simulation centre to include a SP program
- Faculty development for SP practitioners
- Extending the scope of practice of SPs
- Development activities for SPs
- Working with volunteers as SPs
For inquiries about tailoring your own SP methodology course, contact us.